Friday, June 1, 2007

a regular friday!

ok so our blog week is starting at the end of most peoples normal week! but its ok!!!
so on friday I usually get up about 6am - and I shower and get ready for the day... I try to do all this before the girls get out of their bathroom, so that I can make it back to my room, and close the door for my personal quiet time before they notice!! see if I went in first thing in the morning to say good morning, my whole hour of "quiet time" would become hug, kisses and early morning dance party time!!
from 7 to 8 I have quiet time, and its a great peaceful time for me to plan my day, pray, and just meet with God about all the crazy, and amazing things he has thrown my way this summer - without this time everymorning i would be going crazy!! Quiet time, and consistent time to read The Bible is something I have taken for granted in the states, and something I do not do nearly enough when I am home.
at about 8 am "bonjour's" hugs and kisses all begin, and by 8:30 all the kids are in school!
pretty much the rest of the day is mine - around 10 i stop downstairs to partake in recess - its a good time to check in with the kids, see how their days are going, and give out more hugs. This is also usually the first time I see the boys in the day. My mornings are used to lesson plan, send emails home and prep fpr the afternoon. At three my first class starts, when I have a small group girls who have tpying class, at four the level two english class starts, and at 5 level one starts. level two and one are the two advanced english groups -
because my creole is still a work in progress - we have been doing reverse teaching, where I have been the student - and the stuents have been my teacher. I dont think they realize exactly how much it is helping their english. They think its fun to give me homework, and quizzes, and tease me about my pronunciation of the creole language. They never let me go without saying the word correctly though - no matter how many times it took me to remember that figee - is not figi (like the water, or the island) but figey (like the pussing in that old Christmas song!) Figee is the creole word for face, my first quiz was wednesday and we covered the body (head, face, hair, eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, tongue, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, fingers, legs, and feet)!
well - - thats all for tonight - usually we would be going to show a movie - but Dr. Bernard is here visiting tonight, and the girls are enjoying the time with him. Tomorrow morning,bright and early at 6am I will be up to go to the mission with the coach, and the boys to play volleyball - its my first formal lesson - apparently you just cant be haitian unless you play volleyball!!
blessings

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you've started this. I'm so hungry for news from HFC/NLL!!! Please post pictures and news of how the kids are when you get a chance. There is something about the pictures and video's that make us waiting parents feel a little closer. Has it been 3 weeks already? Wow!!

I can't wait to meet you as I will be there with the mission team in just 30 days. I pray that God continues to bless your time with the kids and wish I could be there with you all.

Renmen Anpil,
Angela
Mom to:
Jacques 15 HFC
Stepahnie 11 NLL
Jude 9 NLL
Lovenie- almost 3 NLL
Vilner 1 NLL