Friday, June 1, 2007

Finally life settles down enough to start!

sorry to all those expecting this blog to start about 3 weeks ago!! it took me much longer than I expected to settle into any type of schedule here in Haiti. It took a long time just to get to know all the children, it did not however take very long to love them ALL! it is taking a long time to learn creole, and for now my messy mix of english and creole is sufficing, but it wont forever - i feel like a child must feel when they want so desperately to tell you what they want but they just dont know all the words to say it! I understand why toddlers cry like they do!
All in all Haiti has been a wonderful experience, there have been ups and downs to settling in - but with Gods strength, and the love of the kids I have been more than provided for.
All the kids are wonderful, and loveable, yet a few have stood out in my first few weeks and have proven to be great protectors, master translators, and professional snugglers!
So hopefully now that this is started I will be able to write on a somewhat regular basis, and keep some of the people back home in the states up on Haitian Happenings!
A few things the kids and I are excited for, and praying for - -
~the teams that are coming in less than a month!
~the childrens national exams this month!
~my continued understanding of creole - and the successful start up of real english classes again!

No comments: