Thursday, July 19, 2007

Back at Home!

After our short little hiatus in Thomassion at Dr. Bernards home we are back at the Orphanage now. Back to English classes, typing classes, Soccer practice and dance practice. It wasn’t until I was gone for a few days that I realized how much of my life, is now tied into these children and this life, and how much like home Bolosse really is. My first meal back with the kids, our first dance party, the first night back in my room, our first walk up to the soccer field it was like coming home. And despite the many amenities in Thomassion I missed greatly the home feeling we have in Bolosse.
I am trying super super hard not to think about the fact that I will be returning to the states in just 5 short weeks. I can not even imagine what life will be like when I am back home and without all these kids… I imagine at first it will be much like my first few days here when I was wondering what I was going to do without my parents, my friends, and my awesome sisters.
BUT! I have a plane ticket to come back, (thanks momma and noah!! I love you soooo much, and I appreciate how much you are understanding all of this!)… so to see the glass half full instead of half empty… I guess I could start counting 20 weeks until I come back, rather than 5 until I leave!!!

Blessings –
n

No comments: